… to write in two weeks. I’m about to die. All I can do is sleep, study, and eat. You can become my friend again after break starts, thank you. Oddly enough, all I want to do at this time is blog… aka write. Which I suppose is good if only I could focus on what I need to write.
1. Write response to The Color Purple (3 pages) - Due 11/28
2. Write response to In Cold Blood (3 pages, ended up being 4) - Due 11/30
3. Write Spanish Cultural paper (3 pages) - Due 12/2
4. Finish Spanish Chapter Six test online - Due 12/2
5. Write 5 minute spanish piece to talk about during online entrevista.(1/2 page) -Due 12/5
6. Write research paper in Theology over 5 Pilars of Islam (6 page minimum) Due 12/9
7. Write research paper in Rhetoric over Oskar Schindler (6 page minimum) - Due 12/9
8. Write research paper on Orange Leaf for Marketing (10-15 pages) - Due 12/8
9. Work on Rhetoric homework packet (12+ pages) - Due 12/5
-Read Resistance and Subversion in Everyday Lives and write about a subversive activity or your own response (2 pages)
-Read the handout of The New York Times article on Burmese comedy troupe. What happened to Mr. Par Par Lay? (1 page)
-Finish this line: “What they don’t tell you about…” (2-3 pages)
-Outline of terrorism article plus five vocab words (3 pages)
-Personal Letter (1 page)
-Notes on 15 tips from A Writer’s Reference, pages 139-152 in section W1 (1-2 pages)
-Last sentence workshop
-Share one piece of writing in class (book report?)
10. Finish Spanish exercises 2 and 3 on page 379 - Due 11/30
11. Finish Calculus homework - Due 12/1
12. Write Rough Draft for Rhetoric Paper - Due 12/2
13. Read Alice Walker and Sisters in the Wilderness for Theology - Due 12/2
Despite Shane being a major asshole, I greatly appreciate his attitude. It is not the attitude of a nice guy, but it is the attitude of a survivor. The walkers in the barn needed to be killed, and he picked an opportune, though dramatic, moment to do so. If I were in this situation, I could only hope to be able to see the walkers for what they’ve become: monsters.
However! I like that when push came to shove, it was Rick who stepped up and shot Sofia (or is it Sophia?) even though it was an extremely difficult task. It proved all of Shane’s chest beating to be, well, chest beating.
My favorite character, however, is Glenn. I love how he waits for Maggie’s approval before helping the others. And I love how Maggie gives him her approval! Those are her family and friends, and she gives him the “okay” to kill them right in front of her and her father in order to keep everyone safe. She realizes there is no more hope for them.
And I wonder why a) Hershel didn’t know there was a little girl in the barn, and b) no one thought to look in the barn after they discovered the walkers in there.
Also, I lost major Dale points for trying to hide the guns. And gained major Shane points for getting the guns back.
Side note: sick or not sick, the zombies’ flesh and inners have all completely rotted. Even if they were “cured” they would die from failing organs or maggots or something.
You know what I freaking hate? How My Little Pony has been twisted into this perverted mess. I can’t stand stumbling across “pony porn” or “bronies”. Freaking stop producing the show so that little girls won’t accidentally find “twinkle” and “moonbow” scissoring while they suck “sunshine”s cock when they want to see pictures of their favorite character.